• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Foxconn Blackops OC help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kingfish999

this isn't the newest computer but I would like to OC it more than I have now. ive always had trouble with this computer barley able to OC even tho this board was suppose to be "an overclockers dream" at the time. maby some of you guys can finally help me to get this right. most of the info is in my sig. basicly I cant get the cpu over 2.8 when stock is 2.66. the RAM and board are rated at 1600 but never been able to get over 1333. Its set now at 333x8 and anything over 335 causes very bad stability. ive never been good with voltages but I have the CPU at 1.425v, RAM at 1.648v, NB at 1.281v. I would like to is possible get the cpu to go at least to 3.0 and the ram back on track at 1600 or more. everythings running at normal temps, it just will either crash or not POST if I do much of anything. BIOS has been updated. also I find that I get much higher FPS in most games with CrossfireX off instead of on if that might help explain anything

Last edited:
ok here they are

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    20.3 KB · Views: 68
  • 2.png
    2.png
    26.7 KB · Views: 66
  • 3.png
    3.png
    27 KB · Views: 64
  • 4.png
    4.png
    30.8 KB · Views: 66
so ive tried about everything but cant get almost any OCing stable. cant go over 340 FSB stabile no matter how many settings I change to stability. cant get the memory much over the 1333 and nowhere near the 1600 there both rated for.

heres something I did think of. the bios has a feature to add 0.5x to the cpu multiplier. making the cpu work at 8.5x instead of the stock 8x. I cant say if this is actually working or not however as nothing is detecting the increase speed. it also doesn't seem to alter any stability. the bios also has a multiplier unlock feature for extreme cpus. if I set the fsb back to stock and use a 9x multiplier, would this be bad for it or just work/not work?

EDIT: when I tried it, it just gets set back to 8x so I guess that doesn't work. maby that's why the +0.5 didn't work either

Last edited:
so heres alittle update. I cant find any reason I cant OC this thing. I tried almost everything but it just wont OC worth a dam. so I decided to stay just alittle OC to 2.8 from 2.66 it aint much but its something and stable.

I decided today to investigate some more today as what would make a problem ive been having for awhile now. whenever I play a game after 10 minutes I will dramatically lose FPS. an example would be that BF3 would start playing at 60-80fps but after 10 minutes it will drop to 20-30. only thing I can think of was something overheating. using HWmonitor, I was seeing some high numbers for a lot. CPU was going up to 80*c and 1 of the cores was 10*C higher than the rest. something else on the board was reported going upto 100*C, I can only assume it was the northbridge but I have no way to tell for certain.

so I decided to take the cpu cooler off. some reason a third of the thermal paste had turned nasty brown. cleaned it off and put some AS5 on. also I slightly modified the fan on to force more airflow through the fins instead of leaking airflow. also I modified my northbridge cooler to force airflow through the fins instead of just on them. this mobos northbridge cooler SUCKS for aircooling but I managed to get it decently. I decided to take out my extra video card since Crossfire is such crap on this.

everything seems to be running much cooler and better now. played a round of BF3 to test and CPU never got over 54*. what im assuming is the northbridge did get pretty hot still but only to 87 vs the previous 100. the cores seemed to stay at a more even range. ingame my FPS seemed to stay pretty decent but I didn't actually measure them to see what im getting. the cpu and northbridge defiantly seemed to be a big problem, I might even considerer trying Crossfire again and maby try OCing again.

Back