• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mobo recommendation - FM2 w/ HDMI for XBMC

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
It's a fine board for the price. I've ran it in the wife's PC for a few months now. I didn't try it with XBMC (yet), but I plan on moving it to the HTPC soon.

Let me know if you run into any problems with XBMC. ;)

I have used this motherboard for 2 builds at work, One with a Richland and one with a Trinity APU, Cannot help with XBMC question, I can tell you I had no problems with the HDMI with either of the builds.

Last edited:
Just ordered one! I'll update when I have it installed

This thing works great. No problems with xbmc or the hdmi port. The only complaint I have is that it seems the BIOS doesn't go through the hdmi port. I had to connect a monitor to the VGA port to be able to see the BIOS...

Edit: Talked to MSI support and apparently you should be able to see the bios through HDMI so I've got some kind of problem. Otherwise works great though.

Last edited:
BIOS displaying on TVs through HDMI has always been hit and miss for me. Some boards/TVs work fine, some others don't.

Will probably drop my FM2 system in the HTPC this winter when FM2+ Kaveri hits the market. Thanks for the update!

Most motherboards should be able to initiate display on HDMI, one of mine takes longer to post than usual when plugged through HDMI but it works.

And FM2+ coming out? What the heck? Good thing I didn't buy an APU yet then, I still plan to.

Back