• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

There goes another one

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

timesavage

I know I need to always update my drivers, but why is it I keep losing games? First it was BF3, then Black Ops II, now its Bioshock infinite. It is either the kernal or the driver has recovered. Is this just the way its going to be? Do I need a library of old drivers to keep installing if I want to revisit a game? Pretty frustrating

Normally the only reason why my drivers crash is due to an unstable overclock of the GPU.

Some times a driver wipe can help if your are not overclocking. I dont know how that works with nVidia, but there is Driversweeper i think its called.

HEY GUYS, Reset all setting to default. Nothing is overclocked. Ran three different benchmarks to test the graphics cards and they are working well. I am still reveiving the Kernel Mode, driver has stopped responding message. I have also tried to re adjust my TDR and driver swept my computer to a half inch of its life, still the same results. Mind you all my other games work flawlessly...Crysis 3, Blacklist, Metro, Tomb Raider, and so on. Its very frustrating.

Back