• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclock Help-Fatality MB

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

M36

Registered
I have had this board for about a year and a half and decided to look into overclocking, but dont know where to go with it. Ive searched and havnt come up with much. Can someone with this board help me get it up to 4+ ghz?

Signature has info.

My signature has a guide in it (Sandy/Ivybridge overclocking guide) to help get you to 4.5Ghz. Check it out! It is super simple. If you run in to any issues, or just get it and have results, post back!

I tried getting this overclocked with the guide, but some things I couldnt find.

I got the max turbo set to 45, entered the RAM timings according to the package, left the sub timings alone. I couldnt set the CPU and RAM to manual, set the RAM voltage to 1.5 and set the CPU to 1.35.

For the Load Line Calibration I could only set this to Levels 1-5, I set it to 3, but there was no reference to 5/10 or 3/5. On step 5 I could not find and turn off C5, C1, or EIST. The only thing I found was Enhance wait state C1E.

When I rebooted WIndows started loading with the initial screen but then went to the blue screen of death and I dint write down the number.

I skipped step 6.

Got it all set back to where I had it and eventually Windows loaded back up.

Any thoughts?

I tried getting this overclocked with the guide, but some things I couldnt find.

I got the max turbo set to 45, entered the RAM timings according to the package, left the sub timings alone. I couldnt set the CPU and RAM to manual, set the RAM voltage to 1.5 and set the CPU to 1.35.

For the Load Line Calibration I could only set this to Levels 1-5, I set it to 3, but there was no reference to 5/10 or 3/5. On step 5 I could not find and turn off C5, C1, or EIST. The only thing I found was Enhance wait state C1E.

When I rebooted WIndows started loading with the initial screen but then went to the blue screen of death and I dint write down the number.

I skipped step 6.

Got it all set back to where I had it and eventually Windows loaded back up.

Any thoughts?
Not all Cpu's overclock the same, yours may need more voltage then 1.35. I would set everything back according to the guide and try the multiplier at something lower and see how it goes. Try 40 then if it passes 20 minutes of prime and the temps a ok work your way up. At some point you'll want to run prime 95 blend for at least 2 hours to see if it's stable.

Back