• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

POWER_DRIVER_STATE_FAILURE WINDOWS 8

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Nineteen

Registered
Whenever I try to reset/shut down my computer, it gets stuck at the restart/shutting down screen for about 8 minutes then I get the BSOD where it says it's a POWER_DRIVER_STATE_FAILURE. So far I've never been able to properly restart/shut down my computer. I always have to hard reset/shut down with the power/reset button on my case. It won't even shut down after BSOD, just restarts.

I've clean installed my OS (W8) about 10 different times and so far no good has come out of it. I manage to install all my drivers successfully, but Windows Update kills it. After a failed Windows update is when the problem occurs.

Is there a way to remove/retry failed Windows updates? Or should I just do a final clean install and NEVER run Windows updates?

I've also updated my BIOS to the latest UEFI that supports Windows 8. It's a beta BIOS btw. I've spent hours researching the internet and haven't been able to find a solution to my problem.

HALP PLEASE!

Back