• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Please Help! Monitor 2560x1440

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mormad

Hey guys. I am pretty sure that someone somewhere has answered it already, but i cant find an answer to my exact questions for some reason. Anyway here it goes,

I am thinking about buying a Dell 27" UltraSharp U2713HM Monitor for gaming, but I am wary of a couple of things:

1) Will it function well with a gtx760 or gtx780 (i am just not sure which one i am getting). Can I handle most games at ultra high settings with one of those cards on this monitor?

2) I heard quite a few people say that an IPS Monitor with such a high resolution is much better for extremely high quality but static images and is not good for gaming due to some delay or something. Could anyone please clear it up for me? I would so much appreciate it. Also do you agree with that?

3) Do you think I should even bother with this kind of monitor? Or should I just go 1920x1200 that is around 24"?

4) What should I really look for in a monitor if I plan to use it for gaming?

5) What do you think of this monitor: Dell 27" UltraSharp U2713HM?

Thank you very much! The community is great here :)

go with a 780
the image quality is well worth it
2560x1440
if you are a diehard competitive gamer, 120+Hz, if not, 2560x1440
lot's of folks seem to be happy with the Dell model, I'd look at others personally

I have the Dell 30in and LOVE it. It will beat up any card at ultra settings though. 2560x1600 is just too much for cards. Doesn't help that I run a second smaller monitor also.

Back