• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Asus M4A89GTD PRO/USB3 pci-e @ x8...help.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kelsinni

Registered
Hi there, i have a mobo Asus M4A89GTD PRO/USB3 and a vga Asus HD 6870 DirectCU.

Im getting some problems to put the vga @ x16...:(
I have tried to put it on each of the 2 pci-e slots and the dummy pci-e card on the other but in both times cpuz allways give me the info that the vga is running @ x8 and not x16...

I saw in this forum a post that mentioned the same problem but depite i had tried to do what is told there my problem persists...
http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=656824

Can anyone give a help on this?

Thks in advance

If you have both slots populated, which is what I get from your post the card will only run x8 in that board. The board is 1@ x16 and 2 @ x8. Take the other PCIe card out and it should be at X16

Hi Johan45...
i just have one pci-e card and i have already try to put it on the white slot and in the blue slot but on both times cpuz x64 showed me that it were @ x8.

I also tried to put it without the dummy vga card but its the same...

Thks

Have you made sure the on board graphics is disabled in the BIOS

I think the OP is talking about populating the second slot with the vga switch card that ASUS shipped with that board. Try putting the GPU in the second PCI x16 slot instead of the first.

Linky to similar problem
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/298915-30-using-asus-m4a89gtd-card

I have already try all the ways:
- graphic card on top (white slot) and vga switch card on bottom (blue slot)
- graphic card on bottom (blue slot) and vga switch card on top (white slot)
- graphic card on top/bottom without the vga switch card

All these ways it allways show me x8 intead of x16

Have you made sure the on board graphics is disabled in the BIOS

The internal graphics is disable on the bios...i have confirmed that.

I dont know if this have to do with the problem but mt bios version is the 3029.

Thks again

Have you tried clearing the Cmos and leaving the extra VGA switch out when starting. If you've had that in right from the start the bios picks it up and adjusts for that.

Have you tried clearing the Cmos and leaving the extra VGA switch out when starting. If you've had that in right from the start the bios picks it up and adjusts for that.

In fact i didnt tried that. The only problem with that is because i have changed a lot of setting in the bios to get a little more performance of my system and i have to take a not of them...:-/

But in your opinion that should do the trick?

Ok well according to the manual you should have the switch card in the grey slot and the GFX in the blu slot to run X16

m4aprobs.JPG

ma4prob.JPG

I'm going to do some more reading just wanted to put this up for all who are trying to fix this.

In fact i didnt tried that. The only problem with that is because i have changed a lot of setting in the bios to get a little more performance of my system and i have to take a not of them...:-/

But in your opinion that should do the trick?

If we can't get it working correctly that's always an option. Maybe take a pen and write some of thos changes down. Also clearing the bios will reverse any changes you have made that may be affecting your GFX pci lanes

yes...i have saw that too and in the mobo manual it tells about it.

But as i told i have tried to do that and the cpuz keep giving me the info that is running @ x8...:(

And you're certain that in the bios the the Internal graphics( uma+sideport ) is disabled?

And you're certain that in the bios the the Internal graphics( uma+sideport ) is disabled?

Just to have 100% sure i went into the bios and all the options that were related to the internal graphics are as the pics below show:

That all seems correct to me. Strange?? It may be time to clear the CMos and see if it straightens out. Possibly even update the BIOS

Actually that last setting should have the GFX0 set as primary

As far as i can see in ASUS website there is one beta version 3030 but have an older date that my version 3029...that is a bit strange...

In these mobo there is a way to save my bios config and then after clear cmos load it?

thks

Actually that last setting should have the GFX0 set as primary

Sorry but i dont understand what you are trying to say...:(
you mean the 2nd image? It should be the 1st option? (GFX0-GPP-IGFX-PCI)

Yes that's what I'm saying the manual wasn't very clear on that.

Yes that's what I'm saying the manual wasn't very clear on that.

YES!! :)
That was the trick...after change that option in the bios and after running cpuz it showes now the x16 :)

Thank you very much for all the precious help given :thup:

I would never get there...

Back