• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help me overclock A10-5800K please

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

FlayedOne

Registered
Hi,

I'm a noob when it comes to overclocking. I did some minor OC on this system(full specs in my sig) before - I had NB and Memory both running at 2400 Mhz (which did wonders for it's GPU performance) but I failed at overclocking its iGPU Frequency.

Recently I also tried overclocking my CPU to 4.2 Ghz, which resulted in strange things happening forcing me to load optimized defaults BIOS settings, so I'm back at square one.

I'd like to do it right this time.
I'd like to achieve a small but stable overclock if possible:
- CPU+iGPU to A10-6800K stock levels
- 2400 Mhz Memory

Here are the screenshots:(CPUZ+HWINFO64 were all taken after ~25 minutes of Prime95, The CPU temperature right below Motherboard is a correct socket reading or at least he same as in BIOS, BIOS screenshots are there so you can see what options I have available)

Attachments

• CPUZ + HWINFO64.png
    CPUZ + HWINFO64.png
    84 KB · Views: 92
  • BIOS Main.jpg
    BIOS Main.jpg
    864.9 KB · Views: 222
  • BIOS Frequency.jpg
    BIOS Frequency.jpg
    898.8 KB · Views: 280
  • BIOS CPU.jpg
    BIOS CPU.jpg
    894.5 KB · Views: 265
  • BIOS Memory.jpg
    BIOS Memory.jpg
    918.4 KB · Views: 200
  • BIOS Voltage.jpg
    BIOS Voltage.jpg
    930.2 KB · Views: 266
I merely typed into g00gle the terms "step by step overclock of Gigabyte F2A85X-UP4" and got this as one result plus a lot of videos I never looked at.

http://gigabytedaily.blogspot.com/2012/11/amd-trinity-overclocking-guide-on.html
A group of motherboard enthusiasts working for GIGABYTE, sharing their insider knowledge and general ramblings of the motherboard business, the tech industry, latest technologies and trends, and other random odds and ends.

Therefore I am using the F2A85X-UP4 from GIGABYTE for this OC-Guide with an AMD A10-5800K. This APU includes the HD 7660 D graphics.
Reading this guide you might realise that the overclocking of these APUs is quite similar to the Llano or Bulldozer CPUs.

Back