• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Should I keep going?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DeeBeeP

Currently overclocked my 3570k to 4.6. I've got it down to 1.16V with max temp at 73 while running Prime95. System has been stable for hours but I'm wondering if I should just up it to 1.20 V or a little higher for 4.6Ghz since I see that is the average for most. I'm only using an after-market fan cooler but should I even bother going for 4.7+?

If you have a stable rig, why not stop there, i push my to 4.7ghz all the time, some time if i have friend come over, i'll push my 3770k to 5ghz just for show :D

I'm definitely happy with 3.6Ghz. I was also thinking of upgrading to 2400Mhz RAM from the 1600 I currently use but wasn't sure if it would be worth the increase in performance.

If it's stable at the voltage, no need for anything higher. I run 4.7ghz on my 3570k with 1.25v. To get it to 4.8 needs close to 1.3v to be stable; I'm happy with my 4.7. I run my RAM at 1600 10-10-10-28 (it's 1333), to be honest after 1600 there isn't too much performance gain, only benchmark numbers.

I'm definitely happy with 3.6Ghz. I was also thinking of upgrading to 2400Mhz RAM from the 1600 I currently use but wasn't sure if it would be worth the increase in performance.
Definitely not worth getting faster ram, hardly any difference for anything but benching as has been said.

Back