• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Memory Problem??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SRB442

HI, I have a old quad 6600 machine that has stared to not turn on or BSOD. I thought maybe the hard drive was going so I got a vertex 3 SSD and windows 7 home os. Got everything installed and still getting BSOD at times. I ran the memory test within windows and got a error of.

The instruction at 0xfbdbbb7e referenced memory at oxoooooo8a the memory couldn't be written to. Could this be a ram problem??

Asus P5Q pro
8 gig memory
2.4 quad 6600
sappire 3870 video

Thanks Steve

Hi,
I think I found the problem. Got errors with one of the sticks of memory. tried several times and the same stick checks with errors where the others do not. could this be a cause of random BSOD?? Thanks Steve

Hi,
I think I found the problem. Got errors with one of the sticks of memory. tried several times and the same stick checks with errors where the others do not. could this be a cause of random BSOD?? Thanks Steve

I would say it most likely is.

gotta love ram modules when they go faulty. what sticks are you running? most manufacturers will give you free ones even if they are 10 years old.

you'll just have to send back the set unfortunately, not just one stick but it works out well.

Lifetime warranty usually means 1-2 years after end of production what in IT usually is as good as 3 year warranty. It also depends what brand is it. Some manufacturers will replace memory even after that 10 years but not many.
Anyway good that you found out what was causing issues.

Thanks for the the information. These are OCZ platinum pc2 8500. Probably not worth sending them in as they probably don't have them in stock anymore. Steve

gotta love ram modules when they go faulty. what sticks are you running? most manufacturers will give you free ones even if they are 10 years old.

you'll just have to send back the set unfortunately, not just one stick but it works out well.

they will send you something different but same specs...for example..

I sent in team xtreme ram 1gb x2 800mhz ddr2 4,4,4,10

they obviously didn't have those so they sent me 2gb x2 800mhz ddr2 5,5,5,15...

they do what they can if you're nice.

Back