• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MSI Z87I Windows 8 USB3 Drivers

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CURTO

Maybe I'm searching the wrong thing.. but after having a quick look on this forum and all over Google, I cannot find anything at all on USB3 driver support for this motherboard and Windows 8. What's the go guys? Surely there's something out there that'll make em work..? :-/

Did you check the MSI website where you get the drivers for the board in the first place? If they are not there, did you try the W7 drivers for it? I don't think W8 changed anything about their USB3 driver stack...

Did you check the MSI website where you get the drivers for the board in the first place? If they are not there, did you try the W7 drivers for it? I don't think W8 changed anything about their USB3 driver stack...

Yeah I did and they only have the drivers for Windows 7. Of course, I tried that however I just receive an error saying my computer doesn't meet the minimum requirements. I tried running it in Windows 7 compatibility but the same error occurs.

Tried the one straight from Intel (though it also doesn't mention Windows 8)? https://downloadcenter.intel.com/De...d=3467&DwnldID=22824&keyword=USB+3.0&lang=eng

Have you tried letting Windows Update detect/update them?

Turns out the drivers are built into Windows 8 (apparently according to an MSI guy) which happens to be the case with me. The problem I'm having is that Windows won't detect the USB3 sata bridge thingy I'm using (with my two external hard drives) unless I plug it into a USB2 port OR one of the side panel USB3 ports.. weird.

Back