• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PROJECT LOG GTXJackBauer's 900D Nostalgia v2.2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GTXJackBauer

Water Cooling Senior Member, #TEAMH20HNO
I like to call it the Nostalgia version 2.2 since I already used 2.0.

I basically just upgraded which can be seen in the pictures. Don't want to bore you all with text so I am just going to try and keep it simple and post lots of pictures. Hope you all enjoy it.

Also, I'd like to give a special thanks to Ajay57 for donating a SSD. Unfortunately there were some technical difficulties so that was put to the side for a later time. Thank you again, Ajay57. :salute:

All comments are appreciated.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:
First slow down of the build. Reservoir wouldn't fit like a glove in the bay.

picture.php

Time to mod a $350 case. lol Not my favorite plan but my last resort.

picture.php

The plastic edges we're clipped on one both sides.

picture.php

After doing all that, the faceplate was not to spec! :bang head

picture.php

Last edited:
Talked to Swiftech as they came to the rescue by providing me with the right spec'd faceplate.

picture.php

:thup:

picture.php

Installed the fans, radiators, temp sensors and flow meter in the 900D.

picture.php

Installed a single QDC on the bottom line, just under the flow meter, to be used as a drain.

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:
Time to prime, bleed and leak test.

picture.php

picture.php

Cable Management. (Really amazed at the amount of room I had in the back of this case.)

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:
Time for Mod #2. (Pictured here is the New EVGA LED Lit SLI Bridge. They all come with a white LEDs. It was time for me to change it to red.)

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:
The rig in full function with some LEDs installed.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Edit: Please forgive me for these last few images as they are higher than 1080p. Didn't realize it till after this was all said and done. Thanks.

Last edited:
Hey Jack welcome to the 900D club. You are going to love this case. looking forward to see what you have planned!

Looking good Jack my friend, Sub to watch the build here. AJ.

P.S. Where's that SSD??? :p :D

Looking good Jack my friend, Sub to watch the build here. AJ.

P.S. Where's that SSD??? :p :D

Thanks AJ!

Unfortunately I was getting issues when trying to install windows with the SSD. It could be because my system is a bit older (x58) but wasn't sure even with the right settings in BIOS. I will try another time and mess with it once I feel the need to reformat the rig again.

Thank you AJ. :thup:

I did do some research prior to installation and had the BIOS setup correctly. I did install Win7 through USB to the SSD and a few times got BSODs. It ran a few times without a hitch but resulted in BSODs down the road. I didn't want to spend more time on it since I finally got the rig working since April of this year. It's been a very long time waiting to get back into water so I figured I'd do this another time.

It looks amazing...congrats Jack, really clean build.

Thank you Ivan. :thup:

I spent a few hours per for 2-3 days doing the cabling. Took my time on it but couldn't help the fact I had to use every bit of those wires in the build as you can see can become a cluster. I think I went through 70 zip ties. :rofl:

My OCD is going to kill me. The light on the bridge and the light on the water block don't line up :(

Other than that, flawless!

My OCD is going to kill me. The light on the bridge and the light on the water block don't line up :(

Other than that, flawless!

OCD? :confused:

The light wasn't suppose to line up. It was free so I added it for the hell of it because of its silver/black look and LED. To me it looks like a curvy silver shield covering the SLI connectors with the GPU's name on it as well as the block.

That's 2 people that were critical of that SLI bridge. :rofl: I don't know, maybe it's just me but I don't see anything wrong with it. :p

OCD? :confused:

The light wasn't suppose to line up. It was free so I added it for the hell of it because of its silver/black look and LED. To me it looks like a curvy silver shield covering the SLI connectors with the GPU's name on it as well as the block.

That's 2 people that were critical of that SLI bridge. :rofl: I don't know, maybe it's just me but I don't see anything wrong with it. :p

OCD

Looking good Jack. Did that SLI bridge come with the Hydro Copper cards? I just converted my GTX 770 to water today and they came with no bridges. Those are way cool.

Looking good Jack.

Thank you sir! :salute:

Did that SLI bridge come with the Hydro Copper cards? I just converted my GTX 770 to water today and they came with no bridges. Those are way cool.

They just started selling those a couple months ago. They light up with all GTX 780 reference cards and some 770s/760s. Can also be used in software with the LED's on the card.

Tried finding the listing of the selected ones that it works with but was out of luck. Here's the Product Page.

Back