• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking tool without limits

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Drinkyoghurt

Hi,

I haven't visited these forums in a while but that was mainly because my setup has remained pretty much the same over the last couple of months/years(let's say some other stuff has my money "priority" at the moment :eek:).

Now I'm stuck in a foreign country for a while with no access to my desktop and with only a Dell XPS15 L502x at my disposal which has a pretty "worthless" GT525M graphics chip. The chip is good for playing some games such as Fifa13, F1 2012 etc. and even does well in Battlefield 3, however also sometimes struggles there.

Now I remember back when I had windows 7 I used the Nvidia overclocking tools to overclock the chip to a rather "fast" 825mhz on the core without any stability or heat issues. Currently I'm using MSI Afterburner since the Nvidia tools won't work on windows 8 for some reason.

Afterburner however won't let you go past their "safe" clocks, and unlike RivaTuner where possibilities were endless I'm now stuck at a rather dissappointing 780mhz clock on the core.

To make a long story short. Is there any program currently available that lets you bypass this "safeguard"?

I used Nvidia Inspector on Win 8. Don't know how far it'll take you. Might be worth a looksee.

Back