• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED gigabyte bios update

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bogie

i have this board GA-970a-UD3, the bios version is f6, i checked and the newer bios version is f7-Update CPU AGESA 1.5.0.0 i did a search using google,
i still have no idea what that means-f7-Update CPU AGESA 1.5.0.0, can someone help me to understand that and should i update my 2 boards bios's ty

It means they inserted more AGESA codes so it would support a bigger variety of processors.

Exactly as Mr Scott said. I updated my board (same as yours) to the newest bios, and noticed no ill effects (allegedly newer bioses can hose up overclocking potential, but I've never seen that happen).
I would say just go ahead and flash the latest.

I think it's generally good practice to return to stock clock speeds. That said, I flashed mine while overclocked with no issues. I would still return to stock settings just in case.

Back