• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

need help with finding my max cpu voltage core on my motherboard

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kaitlin4599

hello i have an asus M2R32MVP motherboard and i need help finding out what the max volage is that my board can handle im over clocking my quad core cpu but i need to up the voltage core for the cpu to be able to get a stable overclock i tried looking on the asus site and got no info at all im kinda new to overclocking i have never messed with voltage settings if you need any more info let me know and ill add what ever you need btw i have a 600 watt psu with 4 12 volt rails with 17 amps on each rail i also have an amd copper heatpipe fan heatsink combo if this helps

the max volage is that my board can handle = That type of information as you state it will never be shown on a motherboard maker's website. Most motherboards can put out enough voltage to the cpu to kill it or shorten the cpu's life. The question would be more accurately asked if you stated > what might be considered as a semi-safe Vcore to apply to a 4 core AMD cpu? I would consider 1.525Vcore as the somewhat safe voltage to apply to a 4 core cpu with air cooling. Even then the CPUs core temp should be monitored to ensure the core temp does not get much beyond 55c; while under load, for safety sake and stability of the system.

Last edited:
Back