• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

trouble setting up RAID

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

blynchus

I built a small computer with no CD drive. I can legally get Windows through my University. So I created a bootable flash drive in order to install Windows.

However, I have 2 1TD HDDs that I wish to set up as a RAID for my Windows installation. The problem is, I don't think my motherboard supports RAID in the BIOS as there is no option for RAID under the status. However, when I go to my motherboard's download page, there appears to be RAID drivers:

http://www.jetway.com.tw/jw/download_show.asp?downid=10287&productid=I61G-ITX

Do I need to install these drivers in order to setup my RAID? How do I install drivers onto a motherboard without a CD drive?

If my motherboard doesn't support RAID at all, is there still a way to set one up?

Thanks!

Make sure your SATA controller is set to raid in your bios then you should get a prompt at post. Try pressing ctrl+I to get to the raid configuration page once you create the raid volume install windows like you normally would. If your board doesn't support raid you will need a raid card or another motherboard.

Correct... not without an on-board RAID controller, or like Psyko suggested... a dedicated RAID card.

I didn't even realize that's a ITX board if you want a hardware level raid you would be better off picking up another board than using your only expansion slot on a raid card unless you have no plans on adding a gpu later. :(

Back