• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BIOS issues....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MechE

My BIOS fails to start some times and I get a red LED on the MOBO. Turning it off and restarting usually gets it going, but this is making my hair turn grey... Any ideas?

Really, how does a USB device interfere with BIOS? I do have a USB dedicated to BIOS, but it is unused. On second thought, my issues began after I installed a new webcam. I think I'll see about that for now.

Yea, I know. Wouldn't think a keyboard would keep a rig from Posting but it did. As soon as I unpluged the keyboard and turned the rig on it booted fine.

You never said which light is lighting up? If it's the boot device LED, USB can throw it off if your boot priority is not set correctly.

Yeah, we really need to know which LED you're talking about. On some boards there is one for the memory and on others there are several LEDs which flash in a pattern to indicate the nature of the problem.

Sorry about that, it's the BIOS LED. None of the other LEDs stay lit.
Edit: and it is just steady, no flashing.

I think you might mean the boot device led not bios.

pro led.JPG

When the usb camersa is plugged in go into the bios and make sure it isn't listed as a boot device.

Back