• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Trouble with getting 2 amd video cards to play together

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

goose90proof

Somebody here at work just got a GPU upgrade and I swooped in and grabbed their old AMD 5450 to add to my HP p7-1234 oem desktop (equipped with HD 6530D). I'm wanting to run these devices concurrently, so that I can have 3 monitors but I've been having problems with that.

I was able to install the driver for the new device and make it the primary device in the BIOS, but I can't initialize the other device in Windows. They are both visible in the device manager, but the device not enabled as the primary in BIOS will read a code 43.

After failing this route, I tried just plugging all 3 monitors into the new 5450 with a DVI>HDMI that I found lying around, only I still can't get all 3 to work at once. I can only extend the display to one at a time.

This is very disappointing. Advice please.

Need to go through CCC to enable "Dual Graphics" to get the APU and GPU to play together.

As for the three monitors not working, I'm not sure.

Back