• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Problem With MSI 7870

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Darq

Registered
Hey guys so I've had my build for almost a year now and I have recently started having problems with my graphics card. So basically when I open up any game from train simulator to DCS it stats working for a very short amount of time then starts to pixleate, freeze, the screen turns black and my cards fans go crazy for a second and then the picture returns and it happens over again after 30-45 seconds. I have also gotten the blue screen "windows has shutdown to prevent damage"The card is a MSI 7870 hawk card
link to card:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127681
So how can i fix this problem?

Are you running an overclock on the GPU? If so, reset to stock speeds and see if it persists.

Check your temps too. If you live in a high dust area, smoke, or have pets like cats or dogs a year is enough time to clog your cards heatsink to the point where airflow drops to all but nothing, and it could easily cause what you are describing.

Have you ever experience that your screen going black and sound loop on the background ?
Basically your entire PC lockup , and had to force restart.
Like this

If this is the case it's same issues with my Sapphire HD 7870 , you will have to RMA your card to fix this. Hopefully it isn't. Also this problem might only exist for Sapphire users.
But just an extra insight of what might be the problem

Back