• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MSI FM2-A75IA-E53 not showing full RAM

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Robmoo

I just replaced the HTPC in my bedroom using a MSI FM2-A75IA-E53 MB and AMD A4-6300 APU. I'm running 4GBx2 of Crucial Ballistic Sport memory. When I go into the system panel it shows that I have 8GB ram only 3.2GB available. I'm probably missing the link into the BIOS screen for managing memory bandwidth used to graphics vs that made available for system usage. Can anyone enlighten me on this issue? I usually use Intel, but the AMD integrated graphics are suppose to be quite a bit better. So, I decided one of their APUs a try.

Thanks,

Rob

The 10000000th times said response to this 10000000th times asked question is : Windows 32 bit.

32 bit windows will only support ~3.25gb of memory. You need a 64bit windows to support more Ram.

The 10000000th times said response to this 10000000th times asked question is : Windows 32 bit.

32 bit windows will only support ~3.25gb of memory. You need a 64bit windows to support more Ram.

This. Your 32 bit key for Windows should work fine for the 64 bit version as well. Download the ISO from Microsoft, reinstall, and you'll be good.

I should have specified in the original post. I am using Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit. I double and triple checked the system page when I first discovered the problem. I'm not sure why Microsoft even released a 32 bit version of Windows 7. They should have dropped 32 bit support after Vista. Seems like every other OS they release is a boondoggle. My PC's are not touch enabled and I don't feel like learn a new OS. So, I'm Waiting for Windows 9.

Still looking for a solution. I dropped a line to MSI tech support. We'll see if they are of any assistance.

4GB, but when I check the Memory-Z it shows both modules at 4GB.

I'm starting to think this MSI MB was a mistake. I tried adjusting the DRam voltage to 1.6v, but I can't get the Bios to switch from auto. I click and it does nothing. The manual says nothing about any other setting that has to be switched first.

Ram Windows 7 memory test and the ram tested fine.

Last edited by a moderator:
Start | Type msconfig in the "Start Search" field, and hit ENTER | Configuration Utility--> "Boot" tab | "Advanced options" button | Under the "BOOT Advanced Options" dialog, make sure the "Maximum memory" option isn't checked. If it is checked, un-check it and reboot. You may also want to make note as to whether the BIOS supports Memory remapping, and if the option (if available) is enabled or not.

Already checked msconfig boot advanced options. Nothing was checked. So, no limit on the RAM. Memory remapping in BIOS? I'm not sure how to check this. It could be a BIOS vs CPU issue. The A4-6300 has only been out for a few months.

The PC froze up a couple of times. Reliability is at the top of my priority list. I've jettisoned the AMD build for a Core i3-4340. It will be $150 more expensive, but there is a wider selection of MB. Micro Center carries a nice Gigabyte board so I can pick up the CPU and MB locally. Maybe I should have tried something on a AM socket rather than the FM2.

Back