• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I'm new around here... Questions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mhogan35

Hey guys, I'm new around here. I just recently became interested in making mods for my case, since I already have the top of the line computer parts to go along with it. What all options are there for me to do? I was gonna start out small, then work my way up to the bigger projects, like the window and stuff. I saw somewhere where somebody put some lights under the top part of the front of the case, where the light was shining down the front of the case. That looked pretty cool... How do you do something like that?
--Matt

Welcome to the fourms. i believe your refering to putting lights in the lip on the top of the drive bays. this is fairly easy and works well. you need a drill to drill 5mm holes in the lip and look where you need to run the wires. you need to know how many leds you want and what the voltage is so you can fiue out what kind of resisters you need. than you will need to run a molex connector to power them. just look at what you have and be creative and the people here will be more than happy to help.

if ur looken to get a case i would get a enermax 710 [i think thats what it is] those are sweet cases to mod

if ur modding the case u have definatly start with a window then lights i think then maby some paint

any way have fun man

ohh yea welcome

thats the first mod I ever did...handles...just make sure you use the right size bit. I drilled the holes too big and had to use washers to cover them up.

Back