• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1035t OC'ed w/ 4 or 6 cores for gaming?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

alzerm

As title says I would like to know if my 1035t would run better OC'ed w/ 4 or 6 cores for gaming? Also can I achieve a higher OC than 3.6ghz w/ only 4 cores running?

My previous OC on the board in my sig was @3.6ghz on 6 cores. I believe the mobo died on me due to the lack of fans in my case (I know I know lol). The board is out on RMA currently so I am unsure if I will get the same model back and or if I will need to upgrade myself.

For now I will provide some info on the OC I had on the now fried board so I can get some help with my questions.

Multiplier x13
Bus Speed at 277 MHz
Ram at 1108
NB was in the 2200's
HT was below 2000 (don't remember if it was in the 1700's range or 1900's tbh).
Vcore voltage was 1.36ish

I don't remember the temps but they didn't make it higher than 45ish under load.

More info on the previous OC

Heat hasn't really been an issue with my CPU. I think my ram was what was limiting me the most aside from my mobos temps. Guess I'll look into OC'ing my Ripjaws a bit as well. Just want to know if i'll feel much of a difference with 4 higher clocked cores than 6 w/ games like BF4 and GW2

Just want to know if i'll feel much of a difference with 4 higher clocked cores than 6 w/ games like BF4 and GW2
Not enough to make a difference.

How would I go about testing specific cores to see which are my weakest? Like do I test one at a time with core 0 and see which can OC the best? Are their programs that will chart my cores performance?

Also I have OC'ed to 3.6 once again but received an error after about 1 hour 15 mins.
"FATAL ERROR: Rounding was 0.5, expected less than 0.4"
I looked around the net a bit this morning and think it might be a memory error right?

Here is my current setup

Multi: x13
FSB: 277
NB: 2216
RAM: 1108
HT: 1939
Only voltage tweaked so far is CPUv @1.328

Yea those are power hungry some of them...

Vcore voltage was 1.36ish

Give this a bump up and watch the temps. Cores and socket you want below 55c at all times especially at load.

Alright will do. Temps have maxed out at 44C so far. Got a minor fix in mind that might help with that hopefully. Any chance you know if that error I got from Prime is a memory error?

No it's likely Cpu low voltage. The max Pstate on that chip is over 1.4v so you actually have head room yet before you would be considered (Over volted).

Give it a bump, test. If the test lasts longer, you know it's cpu v.

You can also add Ram voltage if you feel the need to. But I can't say for certain cause I can't see what's going on.

HT link can be run up to 2200 on stock volts. you have it kinda low now.

Got any screen shots? Cpu-z get us all the tabs with the current OC settings.

Reply/ go advanced / at bottom manage attachments or use the paper clip at the top of the post box. you can print screen and open paint / paste/ save as jpeg to X file and upload from PC to here.

Kept HT below 2000 cause I heard you don't want to run it more than a 100 over and or below that. I'll crank it up a bit and see how it works.

Attachments

• cpu.jpg
    cpu.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 183
  • mem.jpg
    mem.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 161
  • spd.jpg
    spd.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 175
Also I am trying to find a way to keep my TMPIN1 below 75C. It spikes when watching videos (idk why tbh). When stressing with OCCT and or Prime it doesn't go past mid 60's and that's with spikes. It tends to run in the high 40's to low 50's.

Also I am a bit confused as to why the numbers for my ram are different in CPU-Z than the ones in my bios.

Attachments

• hwm.jpg
    hwm.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 171
  • IMG_0827.JPG
    IMG_0827.JPG
    148.9 KB · Views: 172
  • IMG_0826.JPG
    IMG_0826.JPG
    166.7 KB · Views: 180
Last edited:
I'm not certain that's the actual ram setting in the bios,top of first pic says spd info, I think it lists the XMP support profiles. Is there anywhere else that you can set ram timing?? Cause that's not it.

Is that HWmonitor shot taken while prime is running ,, that's what we'd like to see.

I wish those were my temps under load haha. Under load in OCCT I get about 25C tops. I ran Prime for a bit the other day and got into the 40's. I am going to try again with the voltage at 1.36 and the HT just over 2200 and get a screen of the temps.

I can config my ram in the bios under advance dram config. I haven't touched that yet because I don't know what to set the timings to and or if they need to be changed at all.

I'd set those for 7-7-7-21-33 1T @ 1.65v and see how high they go. You might get to 1600. ;)

Looks like the volt bump helped. I've been running Prime for just short of 2 1/2hrs now with steady temps. The 68c spike on tmpin1 happened while web browsing. Also I currently have some generic paste from RadioShack on my CPU since I ran out. Thinking of ordering some paste for both CPU and my heatsinks. Any suggestions on some good quality/quantity paste?

Attachments

• 2013-10-23_150mins.jpg
    2013-10-23_150mins.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 171
I'd set those for 7-7-7-21-33 1T @ 1.65v and see how high they go. You might get to 1600. ;)

That voltage wont fry my ram? How can I check temps on my ram? And should this be done while my CPU is OC'ed or should I revert to stock then try it out?

Voltage will be fine. ;)
You can't check ram temp other than the 'feel' method. When in doubt, put a fan on them. Leave the CPU overclocked. That's the idea....to OC the ram a little. You're not even running them at stock speed right now, let alone OC'ed. :)

Alright I ran Prime for about 5 1/2 hours. OC is stable and temps are alright. Just gotta get me some paste for my northbridge. Thanks for the help guys

Reviving this thread because I don't want to start a new thread and I have some info already up on here. I've applied new paste to NB, SB and heatsink (MX-2). Temps are around the same but slightly cooler for the NB. I am going to attempt to increase my FSB as much as possible without passing my heatwall and or increase voltage anymore. I currently have 2 120 fans on the 212 EVO which keep the cpu under 52-53 tops when on prime. I am running the stock EVO fan and another fan with 75ish cfm. Do you guys think throwing a one or two sp120's on the heatsink might help drop a few degrees so I can push the FSB a bit higher? I am not trying to spend more than what I paid for the cooler and I am trying to squeeze a bit more power out of this cpu since I am tight on money now. Also how much higher do you guys think I might be able to push the FSB without raising voltage?

Show us this, like this with P95 Blend torture mode for at least 10mins at the cpu speed you know is stable for at least 2 hours of P95 Blend. Then we have all the pics in one place to plot what might be next. These are the types of information that most users supply in order to be able to help them very much.

CPU Tab in CPUz from CPUID com
attachment.php

Memory Tab in CPUz from CPUID com
attachment.php

SPD Tab in CPUz from CPUID com
attachment.php

And this is screen capture of HWMonitor (free version) from CPUID com
HWMonitor has been scrolled enough and large enough to show Min/Max of Voltages and includes the CPU CORE TEMPS fully visible.

This capture is made of HWMonitor after it has been open on the desktop logging Min/Max temps and voltages while Prime 95 was running Blend Mode test on all cores for at least 20 mins and then the capture of HWMonitor was made and it shows the Min/Max temps and voltages before P95 Blend was started and while running P95 Blend mode and gives much greater insight into how the system is performing without guessing.

attachment.php

In order to attach screenshots of INDIVIDUAL images as suggested, first crop and capture the images with Snipping Tool found in Windows Accessories or equivalent. Then click on Go Advanced, a button at the bottom of every new post window. Then click on the little paperclip tool at the top of the Advanced post window when it opens. Clicking on the paperclip tool brings up the file browser/upload tool and the rest is fairly obvious.

You can upload more than 3 images by repeatedly use BROWSE for file to upload. Images will appear in the post in the order they are uploaded unless you physically arrange the images differently.

Received 1 error after about 36 mins under these settings. Will revert in a second after reboot and show what I was stable with before.

Edit: okay these were the settings I was stable at

fsb 277
nb 2216
v1.362
ram v1.65

I'm going to try this tomorrow for 6-8hrs with the same voltages to see if my temps change so I can find stability at 3.7
x12.5
fsb 288
nb 2304
ram freq 1152

Any thoughts or tips?

Attachments

• 2014-01-12_154311.jpg
    2014-01-12_154311.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 128
  • 2014-01-12_154555.jpg
    2014-01-12_154555.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 121