• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

northbridge heat

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rustylivz

Last edited:
when folding the northbridge is getting way hot and freezes then pc shuts down
What makes you think it's the NB temp? Yes putting a fan on the NB Heatsink will help. You may want to put some heatsinks on the Vrm section of the mobo as well.

What makes you think it's the NB temp? Yes putting a fan on the NB Heatsink will help. You may want to put some heatsinks on the Vrm section of the mobo as well.

Thx mandrake i looked @ newegg i can not find any heatsinks for vm . where can i purchase some i may have just had an over sight @ newegg

122 c on the northbridge . cpu is 35c . gpu is 39c with amd graphics overdrive set to auto

wow! that's a lot of heat!

i had good luck with using a 40mm fan and screwing it directly between the fins of the heatsink of the northbridge on a prior motherboard of mine. i think active cooling like this would be far more effective for the northbridge specifically than adding a bigger case fan. i think a bigger case fan would help overall temps, but if the only one you're struggling with is northbridge i recommend active cooling directly on the northbridge

Back