• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Lookin' for a few updates.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kylesims

So, it's been.. A while since I've posted here. I also haven't been keeping up with things. LEts start with my system.. I think it's in my sig.

My loop currently consists of AMD FX-8350, an ATI HD-7950, and my rad, a low-FPI, 120.3 one. An RS or RX360, I think.

A while ago, when I was frequenting the forums, I was looking at throwing an RS or RX240 into the loop, and changing all my fans out for GT15's. I'm wondering if the RS/RX models are still in the top are for the low FPI rads?

If they're not, what's up there now as being better? I'm thinking nothin' higher then the 15ish FPI range.

Yes, those are nice radiators. My personal preference are the SR series from BlackIce. There's many to choose from. I'd probably stick with the same radiators in the existing loop and change the fans to AP-15s. Should notice a decrease in temps and a better Delta-T.

Running a AMD FX-8350 i would look to try to get as much cooling as possible, been a hot CPU. I also looked at this study of Rads as well as Martins and found it useful to be able to compare the results across the board. But as Jack said, a fan up grade is maybe the easier and least expensive way to go!! As for the Fans this noise study is one of the best i have seen and will help you to keep things quite.

1, http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?t=223141

2, http://martinsliquidlab.org/2013/05/07/fan-testing-round-12/

I hope it helps you to find what your looking for in your up grades!! ;) :thup:

AJ.

Alright - So now there's another question, not really related to the rads, but atleast to the watercooling loop in general.

I went to top off my res (It's been needing it for a bit now, since it worked out some more of the air in the loop) and when I did, I noticed the tubes coming out of and into my res are like.. being sucked in close. So rather than the tubes being round, they're more.. flat ish? I try to pinch them back round again and they don't stay. I don't know how long they've been like this, but I'm running HWMonitor now and my processor's running a cool 20 C, while my videocards at 38 C. It's not under load currently, but I've been playing Arkham Origins a lot lately and haven't seen any performance drops, so I think everything's fine..

But has anyone seen this happening with the tubes, before? A flattening of them, almost like if you pinch the end of a straw and suck the other end, how it flattens out.

It happens with thin walled tubing. Ive seen it with 1/2"x5/8" tubing, but it doesn't happen with my 7/16x5/8 stuff. Zip ties or anti kink coils will help it to keep its circular shape though.

Back