• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

custom loop

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rustylivz

ok you liquid cooling experts , could you throw my a parts list together for a custom cooling system I do not intent to liquid cool my gpu . Thank you ,,, This for the pc's in my sig

ok you liquid cooling experts , could you throw my a parts list together for a custom cooling system I do not intent to liquid cool my gpu . Thank you ,,, This for the pc's in my sig

Welcome to OCFs!

Sorry but I don't think we will do that. That job is up to you to be done if you choose too. Your money and project. You could start reading the top stickies in our section to better understand this hobby. We only help those who help themselves. :salute:

what are you cooling?
what kind of heat are you going to be dumping into that rad?
what kind of fans do you want? (how quiet do you want it)

this is the reason why we ask for people to do some research in WC before diving off into it. i learned the hardway i blasted through put up a partslist bought it put it together. two weeks later epic fail, even though i had all the best parts you could buy at the time.

Rustylivz, like anything else in life, what's your budget in time and money? Do you have some preset goals such as achieving a certain overclock on one of your rigs? Or maybe you're still folding and want to run 24/7 so which WC part are more reliable?

Think about your ultimate goal, budget, how much time you want to invest in maintenance, go from there. The Sticky's, as mentioned are a great place to start..:cool:

The ideea is to learn for yourself. Like OCing. You need to learn why X happened and how to avoid it next time.

the stickies actually provided me all i needed to know . still reading up on a couple more . thanks to those who directed me to that part of the forum

Well it took me more than 3 months of looking and double checking before i decided to ask for help and guidance on this thread!! These are the top rate people who help to build the best WC Rigs that i know of. So if they try to help you from making a disaster of the whole thing, listen and kindly learn as i did, and countless others before you my friend!! ;) :thup:

AJ.

Well it took me more than 3 months of looking and double checking before i decided to ask for help and guidance on this thread!! These are the top rate people who help to build the best WC Rigs that i know of. So if they try to help you from making a disaster of the whole thing, listen and kindly learn as i did, and countless others before you my friend!! ;) :thup:

AJ.

This is not my first custom liquid system . Like i said been out of the loop on liquid been using air . just didn't know about WHAT products to steer clear from especially on the pump .http://www.sidewindercomputers.com/ra750rswakit.html

When you buy those kits folks usually replace the fans and tubing cause they aren't so great. Tubing gets cloudy after some time.

OP make a list of the items you want and we'll browse through them and assist you.

When you buy those kits folks usually replace the fans and tubing cause they aren't so great. Tubing gets cloudy after some time.

OP make a list of the items you want and we'll browse through them and assist you.

ok GTX i have 4 1st corp 120mm , 190 cfm fans on a fan controller . if the kit is fine minus the tubing recommend me some that will not cloud ... thx for the help and advise.:D

ok GTX i have 4 1st corp 120mm , 190 cfm fans on a fan controller . if the kit is fine minus the tubing recommend me some that will not cloud ... thx for the help and advise.:D

Those are overpowered case fans. lol Too loud for most and not needed.

As for fans, its not about CFM when it comes to radiator fans but static pressure. For example Helix120s or AP-15s are great radiator fans.

When it comes to tubing, take a look at Primochill Advanced LRT. Its the tubing to get.

When it comes to tubing, take a look at Primochill Advanced LRT. Its the tubing to have.

As for fans, its not about CFM when it comes to radiator fans but static pressure. For example Helix120s or AP-15s are great radiator fans.

I am going to mount the rad on top of my case and wanted to use the 190's on the top of the rad exhausting . but if you say The Helix120s or AP-15s are great radiator fans.i will give either or a shot .so i am ordering ap-15 and Primochill Advanced LRT tubing .

Last edited:
I am going to mount the rad on top of my case and wanted to use the 190's on the top of the rad exhausting . but if you say The Helix120s or AP-15s are great radiator fans.i will give either or a shot .so i am ordering ap-15 and Primochill Advanced LRT tubing .

http://www.amazon.com/PrimoFlex-Advanced-16in-8in-Tubing/dp/B00A9ZDKS0

Slow down before you purchase anything. lol What size are you going for? Hope you certain sizes go with certain fittings. Make sure you want that size with said fittings.

Big fans are no good. Only radiator fans. You can still use those fans as case fans but that's about it.

Again, make a list so we know where you stand. Buying piece by piece and guessing what you have will be a nightmare and mistakes will be made aka money wasted.

Slow down before you purchase anything. lol What size are you going for? Hope you certain sizes go with certain fittings. Make sure you want that size with said fittings.

Big fans are no good. Only radiator fans. You can still use those fans as case fans but that's about it.

Again, make a list so we know where you stand. Buying piece by piece and guessing what you have will be a nightmare and mistakes will be made aka money wasted.

Kit Contents:
- RayStorm CPU Waterblock
- X2O 750 Bayres/Pump (Black) V4
- RS240 Dual Radiator

- G1/4″ to 1/2″ Barb (Black Chrome) x6
- Plastic Hose Clip x6
- XSPC 1650rpm 120mm Fan x2
- 120mm Fan Grill (Black) x2

Ok so my 190 cfm's will be used as case fans

Back