• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Replacing my 285 for 760... or should I?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

flixotide

I admit, I've passed a point where I've lost complete track of GPU's, OC'ing and gaming in general. So bear with me :)

I was looking through wikipedia's entry on CUDA and reading a few forums, and while the 760 will perform quite a bit faster than my old customized 285, I was asking myself "will I get any eye-candy from it?".

Better performance usually means more FPS, and the ability to toggle a few more things in the eye-candy department, but I rarely touch FPS games. I do RPG's (Morrowind / Oblivion / Skyrim) and they're pretty much maxed out already, and WoW/Rift/EVE is easy meat for the 285.

So should I even bother?

I would say yes, as games come out they need more vRAM. Skyrim can already use 2GB+, it would definitely get you more eye-candy there.

The 760 should use less power than the 285 while doing so, as well.

If your games look fine now, no.. wait until you feel youe games are suffering and then upgrade with what ever is out.

psttt r 280x ;)

Back