• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Building a new pc and need some ideas!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dyllan

So I'm going to be building a new PC and need some input here, im looking to get a i7 4770k, not going to worry about OCing right away so I wont need to worry about any liquid cooling or anything. I need helping finding a awesome motherboard to pair with that CPU.

Items I've already selected unless you guys can give me a reason not to choose them;

Corsair 500R Arctic White Case
Intel 4770k CPU
Corsair CX 600M PSU
Corsair Vengeance LP 8GB (2 x 4GB)
Samsung 840 Pro 128gb SSD x 2
MSI GeForce GTX N760 4GB
Random DVD drive

Any other ideas you guys might have or replacement hardware for what I've selected? Give me your ideas!

EDIT - The ram is 1866

Why a 4GB GPU is my first question... grab a 7950 3GB at that price point.

As far as a motherboard, any will do for you honestly in the Z87 line as you are not going for massive overclocks.

I'm not very familiar with AMD/Radeon cards anymore, I havent used one in a very long time, I really dont know what im looking at in terms of tiers for their cards, thats why I didnt include a AMD/Radeon card :)

If you can get a 7970 for $270/$280, you'd be able to play almost every game maxed out.

Great card!

I've always liked ASUS boards however im willing to try new things with this computer since ive always been pretty well and AMD cpu / Nvidia graphics card kind of guy, any recommendation on a Motherboard?

Asrock Extreme 4, Asus z87 pro...

Any MoBo in the $140/$160 range actually, as soon as it has the features you need (sli, xfire...)

Asrock Extreme 4, Asus z87 pro...

Any MoBo in the $140/$160 range actually, as soon as it has the features you need (sli, xfire...)

Why does he need to spend over $100 if he isn't overclocking?

Honestly though overclocking is so easy these days. And it's not hard to install an NHD14. And they're very reliable... High quality fans.

Back