• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

XP home or pro

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

yogi99

Registered
Any difference between these O/S's in terms of ability to overclock? I have heard xp pro is a memory hog....how about xp home edition...any better??

definitly get xp pro, if it hogs the memory at all, then it makes it up in the options it has over home....such as their network programs, startup, boot.ini, system.ini, etc kind of files can be tweaked easier, so get it, my friend has xp home, and i hate it....xp pro...all the backrounds have a blue main color, instead of green with home...HEY, appearence means alot

I think both are equally memory hoggers. It's all the features they added to the GUI that hogs memory. Disable them and you shouldn't have a problem anymore.

Thanx all for the replies.

I am going with pro....in my new rig. It's a LianLi-Vapochill..:D :D

KR7A-133 RAID with voltage mod to 2.2v
2 Quantum 40 g
256mb Kingmax DDR333 -PC2700

I am going to see how far I can push my OLDER unlocked 1333 T/B AXIA

If I can run at a FSB OF 166 or higher stable with a 10.5 multiplier
I will be happy until a faster pony is available .13 I mean

yogi99 said:
Thanx all for the replies.

I am going with pro....in my new rig. It's a LianLi-Vapochill..:D :D

KR7A-133 RAID with voltage mod to 2.2v
2 Quantum 40 g
256mb Kingmax DDR333 -PC2700

I am going to see how far I can push my OLDER unlocked 1333 T/B AXIA

If I can run at a FSB OF 166 or higher stable with a 10.5 multiplier
I will be happy until a faster pony is available .13 I mean

Yea XP Home isn't worth it, I'd rather get Win2K Pro instead of that, but Win XP Pro is VERY GOOD! The GUI really gives me something to look at while on the desktop.

I'd avoid XP all together and get Windows 2000. It does everything that you need it to do, and nothing more. And, as an added bonus, it doesn't phone home!

Back