• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Slow servers at AMD?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pierre3400

annnnnnd it's gone
Hey guys,

I just installed my second 7970 after getting it back from RMA. Because of a few issues, i wanted to redownload 13.9.

I am sitting with 130mbit connection, and its taking me between 20 to 25mins to download a 200mb file from AMD servers?

Am i the only one with this issue? Normally i would be able to download the drivers in less than 1min?

usually takes me like 3 minutes to download video drivers from them.

Just tried at the office and it would have taken less than 30 seconds.. BUT, this is what I would consider VERY fast internet...we are also in the US too...

yea some one might be throttling it between you an AMD's servers, such as amd throttling ip's outside the country or something

I've also noticed that AMD servers have been a bit slow lately as I have been downloading there latest beta drivers. It used to be much faster before. But I'm in no rush.

They are probably getting tons of downloads right now. New cards just released plus everyone that has BF4 is trying to solve their Bf4 problems by reinstalling the drivers.

Back