• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SLI or expensive single gpu

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kris2340k

Registered
right i have a 850W psu

intel i5

was wondering, say my budget was £180
performance wise is it better to buy two cards for around £90 each or a single £180

also could someone link me an explanation to sli, i dont understand if its like only meant to be for dual monitor setups and what not

You need to give us alittle more information, which intel i5 is it, theirs a lot of them, also what type of motherboard do you have?
What games do you plan on playing, and at what resolution 1080, 1440, 4k:?shock:

Go single with amd or nvidia flagship then sli/xfire later. It all depend on the situation. Going sli/xfire has many variables to account for. Sli means combining 2 or more gpu to almost double the performance of 1 gpu. Multiple monitor setup such as eyefinity and nvidia surround benefit from sli/xfire setup because of more performance but in order to drive the resolution of eyefinity and nvidia surround, you have to account for vram memory as well.

Intel Core i5-3570K S1155 3.4GHz 6MB

Asus P8H77-V LE Z77 Socket 1155 8 Channel HD Audio ATX Motherboard

Back