• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NO OC on my new MSI TF GTX760 OC

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Lord Vader

Even with a +20% voltage bump I can't get 100% stable in games with anything above the factory 1085/1150. I'm pretty bummed. I expected to be able to get at least another 100mhz on the core and 200mhz on the memory. I figured the Frozer would OC pretty well, guess not.

Last edited:
Did you raise both the voltage and the power limit?

500Mhz on the memory? Whoa... never seen that before...

Ok, so what did you set yours at? Was it the same as that one at +12mv and 145% power limit?

While every GPU is different, not they only managed a 100Mhz increase on the Memory (though I believe in MSI AB that is 200Mhz due to DDR).

Are you sure that is the same card or do we have other typos? The base core speed there is 1020, you say 1085. The memory says 1500, you say 1150. Can we confirm what card we have and settings before moving on? :)

OMG... I see now, you meant core/boost clock in the first post... Ooof. My bad. :)

Not sure why you can't get it to budge. Have you switched drivers?

OMG... I see now, you meant core/boost clock in the first post... Ooof. My bad. :)

Not sure why you can't get it to budge. Have you switched drivers?

Lol, funny you should ask that. I've had the card a week and I think yesterday was the third driver update since then. I'll give it another shot by the weekend and see if I can get it to OC at least to the level that the testers did.

Ok, report back.

Note your signature is wrong for the clockspeeds on the card. Your memory is 1500Mhz out of the box, not 1150. 1150 is the actual boost clock of the core, correct?

You should be able to get something out of your card.

I'm running my Asus 760 GTX at 1267 core and 6650 memory. Voltage is stock. Temperatures have not exceeded 65 C during gaming.

I really like this card.

Disappointed to report that it seems nothing more can be squeezed out of this card beyond the factory oc vs reference speeds. Zebodog, did it make a significant improvement in fps on any games at the highest settings?

Zebodog, did it make a significant improvement in fps on any games at the highest settings?

Yes, it did.

I didn't do any hardcore, formal testing, but I used MSI Afterburner as in-game FPS counter for Arkham Origins, Metro LL, Splinter Cell Blacklist and Neverwinter. Screen resolution was 1080p. I saw a 5-10 fps difference between my overclocked settings and stock with all settings at maximum. I started from the same save point in each game although Atkham Origins autosaved before I could stop it so I had to approximate in that case. Overall, I'd say decent results.

Back