• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PC & P4P Rankings

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mitukczuk

Hello,

As I am getting more and more into the PC extravaganza and I am beginning to understand what works, what doesn't, what's good and what isn't I've started wondering.

What CPU,GPU and possibly other components (Cases? Mobo? Ram? Fans?) Are the best across all generations, platforms or manufacturers? Which one caused the biggest boom? If you had to pick only one, which one would it be?

Here is my rather short list:

CPU - The Intel Core2Duo processors. I don't precisely know the exact chip but I do remember that I heard about these from the news, newspapers, radios. Those who had one in their systems were god's in my circle of friends.
GPU - It's a tough one but I had to give it up for the Nvidia 8800 series. I think that none other card has gained as much attention as this one. Youtube was full of reviews and benchmarks and again, I remember I heard even the most unsuspected sources talk about it.

For the rest I think I am not enough knowledgable to actually pick one, but I would like to hear suggestions and do some research as I am really interested in this topic.

Try to pick only one for each category category ;-)

Back