• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Netflix Makes Chrome Unresponsive?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JustDepends

So when I'm watching something on Netflix every now and then Chrome becomes completely unresponsive. I know it's just Chrome because I can do other things on my computer when it is frozen.

I don't really know what else to say, I tried to reinstall Silverlight, but that didn't seem to help. I was thinking it might have something to do with lack of memory assigned to Chrome? Any ideas would be helpful, it's really quite an annoyance.

I had the same problem. I found that clearing chromes cache and cookies. Instructions: Click on the chrome drop down menu (3 little bars in the top right) and hover over tools and then click clear browsing data. Select empty the cache and delete cookies. Then try it, it worked for me. It should not have anything to do with the ammount of memory allocated to chrome, unless it is < 1Gb.

-z

Back