• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Asus M479T deluxe problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

madman7

I've got an Asus M4A79T deluxe that had an issue in Sept. I was playing Borderland 2 when the game crashed. No biggie it's done that before. About 10 seconds later windows blue screens so I shutdown the computer. I restart it and the the garb about windows not being shutdown properly appears. I just picked start windows normally. As soon as the splash screen appears i see a quick blue screen and the computer restarts. Well the windows garb appears again and I pick start windows normally. It does it again so since I was running a slight OC I go into BIOS and set all the OC settings to auto. It reboots and the crap with does it again. This time it restarts but the screen says the BIOS is corrupt and a checksum error. I download the the latest BIOS on a USB drive. I restart it because the board is looking for a floppy, cdrom or usb to recover the corrupt BIOS. It says it fins the usb and goes about erasing the BIOS and reprogramming it. I restart and it happens again. I call Asus and they say the board is bad and issue an RMA. I get my same board back. I boots up and allows me to enter the BIOS. I make a few setting changes and restart. Of course I get the same old windows garb. I see a quick blue screen and it restarts with the BIOS corrupted again. I call Asus and they say all they did is reprogram the BIOS chip. The tech wants me to reprogram the BIOS which I did. Funny thing is while I'm with him on the phone I restart it and the BIOS screen comes up. I tell him that and he says go into the BIOS and make a few changes and save. It gives me the corrupt crap again. So I restart with him still on the phone and the BIOS screen shows again. I get another RMA and send it back. They sent me a same model different board this time. I put everything back together and no post. Nothing but fans running. I turn it off and call Asus again. While waiting for a tech I try it again. This time I get the old corrupted BIOS crap again. So I try to reload the BIOS. When I restart it no post again. Nothing but fans. This is how it is now. anyway, Asus wants to sen me another board but put a charge on my CC.

Is there anything that can corrupt the BIOS? When I put it together this time I leave the HD unhooked. Asus is lost. All they want to do now is keep replacing the board. I have no idea why all the boards have the corrupt BIOS issue.

I have no idea why all the boards have the corrupt BIOS issue. = probably because a stick of ram is bad or the cpu is bad. When the board is turned on to boot up the cpu takes the compressed bios information and reads it into the ram to begin to boot. An error in that process can seem just as if the bios is corrupt since the information from bios appears bad.

Asus says the BIOS is actually corrupt. Asus says they reprogrammed the BIOS chip with a programmer. I talked to a few different Asus techs and they can't see how the CPU or ram can actually corrupt the BIOS. The first tech I talked to used to work on boards said he felt the South bridge chip was bad. he said something about the SB reads the BIOS info. I was told to call Monday and talk to a tech that is their OC guru and he might be able to help me out. I have no idea what to do. I might order a cheap AM3+ board and put my parts in it and see if a new board will work.

Last edited:
Back