• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Upgrade advice

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SovietSandwhich

Hey folks :)

So I'm thinking of upgrading my GPU, I currently run an i7-3770K at 4.2 ghz, an MSI 660 at 1150mhz and 16 gigs of Kingston ram all on an ASUS P8Z77-V PRO under a 950 watt power supply.

And I've been looking at getting an EVGA classified 780 hydro card, to put in a water loop with my CPU and then sit on for a few years before again upgrading.

My question to you is, as I'm going to be overclocking the GPU, would it be worth it just going for the 780, as we all know how overclockable it is, or looking at getting a 780 Ti classified hydro once its released?

Cheers

You know, watercooling isn't really something you do for the performance gains over air, which aren't really going to show up in gaming. You do watercooling because you love it, and you love the way it looks. Just in case you were one of those people expecting astronomical gains from W/C. Had to say that.

Honestly I would leave your system air cooled. Grab a 780 or an R9 290X, and have some fun.

Back