• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Using CRT

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

laci90

Registered
Hello I am still using a Dell 1025HE 17 inch CRT. is it bad if i use a high end graphic card with this monitor? i don't know how but this monitor supports 1920x1080 at 85 Hz.
And its VGA

yeah for 17 inch using 110 watts versus a 24 inch led which is using only around 15-30 watts
And does the dvi or HDMI have better quality or performance than the vga?

I use VGA CRT I like it better for gaming and colors are much better the only draw back is the size and power usage.

Digital rounds numbers so analog will show the real detail just like vinyl record is analog and more true to the sound then digital.

The best gaming monitor out there is a CRT...The Sony FW900, and it's still sought after by pro gamers and enthusiasts (Wish I could get one!) =)

I'm using a 17" crt as well, but mine is 4:3 and 1280x960 at 60hz so not so good. Native res that is.

Its just big, heavy, and power hungry -- but not bad by any means.

CRT's are a great way to heat your room on a cold day -- especially the big
21" or 24" CRT's.

I remember reading that all CRT's actually feature a heater where the electrons
are emitted (at the cathode end of the electron gun).

I spent some time looking for a replacement CRT for my 21", you can still by used or refurbd, but I couldn't find anything new. I don't think anyone manufactures large size CRT's anymore.

Back