• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Acer 6530G - Restart Loop - No boot

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

FloppyHunter

Registered
Hi all,

So just hunting around for some opinions. I've got a laptop that I'm taking a look at for a family member.

Acer 6530G (AMD Turion x2 / 4GB memory / ATI 3650 graphics).

Just randomly, it's stopped powering on. During testing, I've managed to get it to boot once or twice randomly but no nothing at all.

Essentially the loop goes like this :

1. Power on
2. Power LED on / charging light on / all other LED's and touch panel on
3. Fan spins briefly then stops (I suspect due to temp being to low)
4. Disk drive spins/moves and HDD spins
5. Power's off, restarts, rince and repeat the above.

I've completely dismantled the laptop and rebuilt it to check all connections, but with no avail.

I've also tried different memory, and a different hard drive again to no avail.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated. The laptop does have a dedicated, removable graphic card module, to which I did try remove just to see if the same problem occurred to which it did.

Many thanks in advanced!

Cheers.

Nothing comes on the screen at all. The couple of times I got it on I managed to reinstall the OS, now I can't get it to post/bios at all.

Looking at it, I'm unsure if the backlight for the LCD is coming on at all, so I'm wondering if it's something to do with that or the GPU card.

I've tried hooking it up by HDMI and VGA to a monitor to try get it to post/boot but still no look.

The whole reboot loops takes about 5 seconds.

That computer definitely has a serious hardware problem.

Unless you want to start buying replacement parts you're pretty much done with it.

Back