• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A New build

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Schwartz90

Registered
Hello, im new here, i want to find suggestions about my new build i am planning.

System Specifications

CPU : Intel Core i5-3330 3.0 GHZ
GPU : GTX 650ti,550ti or R7770
MO. : GA-B75M-D3H-PH
RAM : 4GB Corsair 1333 Mhz
PSU : Corsair TX-550M 550W Modular PSU
HDD : WD Caviar Blue 500GB 7200RPM
CAS. : CoolerMaster Elite 311 Case

Im not sure about wich GPU, but im sticking to the 550ti and the R7770 because its less expensive, also i would like to know if the PSU is good enough to handle the system, and if there are any suggestions in changing anything, or adding a cooler for example, and if the bottom mounted PSU is good.

I live in Brazil so things are pretty expensive and doing a config such as this is a little tight. :-/, sorry for my foreign english.

EDIT: Forgot to put my sites and price stuff.

http://www.kabum.com.br/cgi-local/kabum3/site/home.cgi
https://www.balaodainformatica.com.br/

Price Range is around R$ 2300..

Get 1600Mhz RAM. Or 1866. Shouldn't cost much more.
Get at least 8GB. 4 doesn't really cut it any more.
Chop the PSU down to a Corsair CX500. Cheaper.

Just curious, why are you building on a 3xxx cpu instead of a 4xxx cpu? Haswell stuff shouldn't cost you any more money and it's current gen.

Just curious, why are you building on a 3xxx cpu instead of a 4xxx cpu? Haswell stuff shouldn't cost you any more money and it's current gen.

I'll check the RAM, im not sure about the CX500 because these TX are made by Seasonic but the CX i think not...

Im getting this 3 gen Intel because processor is quite expensive, but, yes it costs a little more money, about R$300 for a 4 gen one but i think i would need to get a more expensive mainboard... im not really sure im going to take a look after it.

from what i understand, most of the stuff in brazil cost allot more than they do here in the US.

Sadly i cannot upgrade the CPU because... the new one needs LGA 1150, and these are rare and quite expensive compared to my LGA 1155 ones, plus i guess the LGA 1155 is still good right?, i will take the 8 GB RAM, but im going to start with 4 GB as the budget is short, 4 more GB may be added in future, the PSU price difference is of about R$ 112, for 50w, but i wonder if the CX-500 will do its job, since this computer will be used for a long time...

The CX 500 will be fine. It's not a Seasonic unit but what does it matter, really? It's cheap. Lots of people use them. You're using a low wattage GPU anyways so your system will have a low power draw.

1155 is more than enough...Can't you find a used 2500k or something like that?
What about an i7 3820 and an X79-UD3 board?

I'm in Argentina btw, prices here suck too, but I import most of my gear.

The CX 500 will be fine. It's not a Seasonic unit but what does it matter, really? It's cheap. Lots of people use them. You're using a low wattage GPU anyways so your system will have a low power draw.

Guess i'll look for it, but only to guarantee maybe ill get a 600

1155 is more than enough...Can't you find a used 2500k or something like that?
What about an i7 3820 and an X79-UD3 board?

I'm in Argentina btw, prices here suck too, but I import most of my gear.

Im going to look for its price... cant import due to severe laws..

EDIT: Tecnoob, the price is due to a ****load of taxes, like a product of 100 dollars come here, it is then 200 R$, they add like 500 of taxes.

Last edited:
Guess i'll look for it, but only to guarantee maybe ill get a 600

Im going to look for its price... cant import due to severe laws..

EDIT: Tecnoob, the price is due to a ****load of taxes, like a product of 100 dollars come here, it is then 200 R$, they add like 500 of taxes.

Can't a friend from the United States just buy all this stuff in the US and bring it to you in their luggage? :clap:

I wonder why the prices in South America are so terrible?

Greedy retailers inflate prices way above what import costs and taxes do...at least here in Argentina they do.

Can't a friend from the United States just buy all this stuff in the US and bring it to you in their luggage? :clap:

Sure thing, I don't think the regulations are so severe, and there must be a way to skip or pay less than the importers without doing anything shady.

http://www.kabum.com.br/produto/35565/processador-amd-fx-6300-3-5ghz-am3-fd6300wmhkbox/?tag=FX 6300 CPU $411

http://www.kabum.com.br/produto/27265/mb-gigabyte-p-amd-ga-970a-ud3-am3-box-rev-3-0 motherboard $517

Is this cheaper than the Intel combo you had picked out? I couldn't find your motherboard but your CPU was more expensive than this. Maybe going AMD could save you some money.

I guess so, gonna look after that, maybe its time to hop off Intel for a while :)

The limit is of 500 Dollars, and it cant be put as personal use, so if its below 500 Dollars, you pay 50% of the price on these products as tax, and if its more than 500 Dollars, you pay the price you paid for the product again, that is, 100%... I dont get their logic :screwy:

how about this, you convert the money to us and each person will buy them selves one part. so since this totals to around 6 parts, we will need 4-6 people.

once we get in with the parts, we will go to your house, and help you build it.

i say take a road trip to brazil. i think it would be cheaper that way.

I guess so, gonna look after that, maybe its time to hop off Intel for a while :)

The limit is of 500 Dollars, and it cant be put as personal use, so if its below 500 Dollars, you pay 50% of the price on these products as tax, and if its more than 500 Dollars, you pay the price you paid for the product again, that is, 100%... I dont get their logic :screwy:

I've had stuff mailed to me, you can label it as "donated pc parts", declare a lower value like $25 and use USPS Priority Express. We pay 50% more as tax too, so it's not that bad. Just have a few boxes with stuff worth less than 500 and take the paypal receipts with you when you go to customs.
You can at least buy the most expensive part abroad, like a way better gpu which will make the most difference.

EDIT: @G: I've been in the south once, Bombinhas and Santos if I recall correctly, and also stayed at Porto Alegre for a day or two. :p Pretty cool...

I've had stuff mailed to me, you can label it as "donated pc parts", declare a lower value like $25 and use USPS Priority Express. We pay 50% more as tax too, so it's not that bad. Just have a few boxes with stuff worth less than 500 and take the paypal receipts with you when you go to customs.
You can at least buy the most expensive part abroad, like a way better gpu which will make the most difference.

EDIT: @G: I've been in the south once, Bombinhas and Santos if I recall correctly, and also stayed at Porto Alegre for a day or two. :p Pretty cool...

Does that work for.... Europe?, i have relatives from Italy that visit each end of year, just as now that they're coming too.

how about this, you convert the money to us and each person will buy them selves one part. so since this totals to around 6 parts, we will need 4-6 people.

once we get in with the parts, we will go to your house, and help you build it.

i say take a road trip to brazil. i think it would be cheaper that way.

Lol, i dont think my parents would like that idea :clap:

http://www.kabum.com.br/produto/35565/processador-amd-fx-6300-3-5ghz-am3-fd6300wmhkbox/?tag=FX 6300 CPU $411

http://www.kabum.com.br/produto/27265/mb-gigabyte-p-amd-ga-970a-ud3-am3-box-rev-3-0 motherboard $517

Is this cheaper than the Intel combo you had picked out? I couldn't find your motherboard but your CPU was more expensive than this. Maybe going AMD could save you some money.

Strangely, the Intel is about R$ 100 cheaper... maybe because of the motherboard price...

fx 6300 + 7950 + m5a97 or asrock 970 or gigabyte 970 boards...650w nzxt hale 82 psu.

I looked it up, and here it is as follows:

AMD FX-6300 3.5 GHZ = R$ 411
ASUS M5A97 AM3+ = R$ 500
Gigabyte 970 = R$ 517
ASRock AMD 970 = R$ 566
AMD ATi Radeon 7950 = R$ 1200 +

I was unable to find the PSU, but theres the Corsair TX-650 for R$ 513.
The GPU looks too expensive so i looked at the 7770 price, and theres a MSI one for R$ 458.

With your guys help, i will build the config, then compare, if i should get a Intel NVIDIA,AMD NVIDIA,or AMD AMD.

I like the AMD stuff from what i have seen, like the HD 7770 and the motherboards, specially the ASRock one, even as it has a little high price over the others... but im not sure about the FX-6300 compared to i Cores, but hey, im dont know much about computers these days, maybe im wrong.

EDIT: Forgot to do the math stuff...

AMD FX-6300 + HD7770 + 4GB Corsair RAM + TX-650 + 500 GB HDD + ASUS 970 = R$ 2303

AMD FX-6300 + HD7770 + 4GB Corsair RAM + TX-650 + 500 GB HDD+ GB 970 = R$ 2320

AMD FX-6300 + HD7770 + 4GB Corsair RAM + TX-650 + 500 GB HDD+ ASRock 970 = 2369

All of these configs have no case, wich is a CoolerMaster Elite 311 for R$ 195
Price with Case is : 2498,2515,2564...

Maybe i can lower that replacing the TX-650 for a TX-550 wich is R$ 384, wich give the prices of :

AMD FX-6300 + HD7770 + 4GB Corsair RAM + TX-550 + 500 GB HDD + ASUS 970 = R$ 2174

AMD FX-6300 + HD7770 + 4GB Corsair RAM + TX-550 + 500 GB HDD+ GB 970 = R$ 2191

AMD FX-6300 + HD7770 + 4GB Corsair RAM + TX-550 + 500 GB HDD+ ASRock 970 = 2240

Price with Case is : 2369,2386,2435...

Last edited:
Back