• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

looking Video player

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nookuwn

Hi,

Anybody know of a video player for PC that can play video clips from a camcorder without pausing between files?

Thanks

I use vlc for everything. A lot of people say if it can not play it, then nothing can.. but I have had to add codecs once for it. Although your talking about playing episode to episode (w/ the camcorder) I presume, so you can just add it to the playlist, and play. It will go from end of one clip to another; although a lot of players do this, vlc is great all around.

Daum PotPlayer is better than VLC: http://www.videohelp.com/tools/PotPlayer

This is how I install it:
Even though versions higher than DirectX 9 are installed on Windows Vista/7/8, there are still DirectX 9 components that need to be updated on those operating systems.
Download DirectX End-User Runtime:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...38-db71-4c1b-bc6a-9b6652cd92a3&displaylang=en

Double click on Setup.exe to install the program.

Beta versions are available only as updates to 32-Bit versions, they cannot update 64-Bit version installs.

Next > UNCHECK: All supported files
When asked which speaker system do you have, select: 2/0/0 - 2.0 Stereo
[If Same As Input is selected here, audio which uses more than two speakers will not be heard on two speaker computer systems.]

Right click on player > Preferences >
General >
File Open Method: Open selected file(s) only.
Tray icon: Do not show
Multiple Launching: Play the clicked file
CHECK: Store settings to .ini file

General > Mouse >
Left button - single click > Play/Pause
Left button - double click > Full Screen/Restore

General > Skin > OSD Messages > UNCHECK: Show messages

Playback > CHECK: Play from the latest point

Hardware > DVD/Blu-ray > UNCHECK: Display DVD Subtitles

Subtitile > UNCHECK: Show subtitles

Audio > Click on Built-in audio dec.settings > under Pass Through(S/PDIF, HDMI)
CHECK: AC3
EAC3
TrueHD
DTS
DTS-HD MA

Rename files Logo.swf and LogoMini.swf and Loading.swf inside C:\Program Files\Daum\PotPlayer folder to remove the logo. Also rename file C:\Program Files\Daum\PotPlayer\PotPlayer.png

Set custom files to open with Daum PotPlayer:
.3gp .ac3 .amr .asf .avi .dvr-ms .evo .flv .m2ts .m4v .mkv .mov .mp4 .mpg .ra .ram .wma .wmv .wtv

Rotate video display: Video > Screen Rotation

Thanks, for the suggestions, but think you guys missed my point. I already know a lot of players that can play my camcorder clips in a playlist. But the one feature they don't have is seamless switching to the next video clip. Basically all the players I tried have a 1 sec blackout/pause when the player finishes a video clip and go to the next one. This gets annoying when watching small clips from a camcorder. If I use my camcorder to do playback on my tv, it switches between clips without noticing it. I can't find a PC player that can do the same as the camcorder.

Last edited:
Thanks for the suggestions, but think you missed my point. I already know a lot of players that can play my camcorder clips in a playlist. But the one feature they don't have is seamless switching to the next video clip. Basically all the players I tried have a 1 sec blackout/pause when the player finishes a video clip and go to the next one. This gets annoying when watching small clips from a camcorder. If I use my camcorder to do playback on my tv, it switches between clips without noticing it. I can't find a PC player that can do the same as the camcorder.

Did you add the videos to the playlist? And anyhow, there is going to be a seek time to "get" the next video pulled up.

yes I add them to playlist. "seek time" is unavoidable? couldn't the software cache ahead? My camcorder can play to my TV, and move along from clip to clip seamlessly. I would would imagine a PC can do it easy. My video files aren't even HD.

Back