• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

would i actually benefit from a ssd?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Rydis

Mobo in sig. Only does data 3/ so wondering if getting a ssd would be worth it. I know still be little quicker but since speed limited.. Wondering if new mobo is needed to see a actual good difference

No signature... are you posting from the mobile site? Switch to the normal site and post again. It should then show your signature.

Short answer regardless, yes. Get the best you can afford, then when you move to a SATA3(6Gbps) mobo, it can stretch its legs.

Short answer: yes. Even though you won't benefit as much as you would have if your MOBO had SATA III, you will still receive a remarkable improvement.

The biggest benefit of the SSD is the 4k read and short access times, which you still get on SATA II. Definitely worth it.

Any that are named....

OCZ Vertex 4, Samsung 840 Pro, Samsung 840 Evo, ADATA XPG SX900

... you mean?

WHile it is not as important as a quality PSU, getting a decent brand is still a better idea than randomly picking up a SSD.

Any that are named....

OCZ Vertex 4, Samsung 840 Pro, Samsung 840 Evo, ADATA XPG SX900

... you mean?

WHile it is not as important as a quality PSU, getting a decent brand is still a better idea than randomly picking up a SSD.

Any honestly still be better then what I have. But true though I ended up picking up the Kingston on sale for 80

Should've waited for the Black Friday/Cyber Monday sales at this point.

Back