• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE Gigabyte G1. Sniper A88X Motherboard Review

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overclockers.com

As the release date for AMD's new Kaveri APU inches closer, we are beginning to see a lot of AMD socket FM2+/A88X chipset motherboards hitting the market. The A88X chipset brings support for the new Kaveri APUs, and it looks like the majority of manufacturers will be ready with supporting motherboards. Today, we'll be looking at a Kaveri-ready offering from Gigabyte... The G1. Sniper A88X to be exact.
... Return to article to continue reading.

Thanks for the review. 5.1 is exciting.

So the G1 SNIPER A88x has a heat sink on the FCH with a picture of a handgun on it? That is rather confusing.

A review and grading for any APU mobo on an overclocking site with absolutely 0 tests done on overclocking the GPU portion just seems so... :shock:

Looks like they're preparing FM2+ for the next generation of FX series? or at least moving Steamroller to this platform? The new consoles has an 8 core APU (Jaguar), my new laptop has a 4 core Jaguar CPU, so I don't think 8 core APU's are far down the road now.

Either way, this looks interesting, I'm actually surprised the A10 6800K was OC'd to 4.8GHz.

Yes, the iGPU overclocking doesn't change at all really from motherboard to motherboard. They typically all max out right around 1000 MHz for 24/7 stability.

Back