• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Any good Micro, Mini ATX boards to pair with a 1055T or 965 BE

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

chrisjames61

I picked up a Corsair Obsidian 350D and want to do a build in it. I want to construct a basic computer. One video card. No overclock. I want a basic board with heatsinked VRM's and 8+2 Phase Power. Any chipset that supports the X6 Thuban will do. Any boards fit this criteria?

MINI ITX? No. There are no Mini ITX boards for that platform far as I know. And I don't recall any m-atx board on AMD's side either that'll properly support those CPUs.. Are they CPU's you already have or?

I did a quick check and the only M-ATX boards out there are running like 4-phase power VRM sections... You're probably sweet outta luck for that one.

I prefer M-ATX too, but I've been with Intel because of it. My first real build that was personally MINE only, was an i7 930 with an Asus Rampage Gene II. Loved it. Moved to a Z77 Gene V. Going ITX next =D. But gotta go with Intel for this requirement at this stage..

Here's a page full but as Mjolnir says 4+1 power. But if you're not planning on pushing the pee out of it and running stock they'll probably do fine. Like as HTPC or similar.

Probably don't need an 8+2 for that chip. Should be fun with less. But again not sure on what good fm2+ wise. But it's definitely a better start in terms of finding m atx board. As the fm2 platform already has some itx ones around.

I like seeing heatsinked VRM's and seeing 8+2 on the box. Lol! I know more goes into it then that but to me it's a good starting point. I know all the ATX boards I have used overclocked better as a rule of thumb with heatsinked VRM's and 8+2. That being said only boards I use are Gigabyte and Asus mostly.

IF I cared at all about upgrade paths, I would certainly go FM2+ for a motherboard since they will run the latest AMD APU coming in early 2014 and run the FM2 APUs but n0t the other way around. IF you don't care and never will care then FM2 might be your ticket.
RGone...

I'm actually pretty psyched about the roadmap from AMD. If these new APU's outperform the FX line of processors at a lower TDP. Hopefully eventually they will ad L3 and up the fire count.

Back