• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

help w/overclocking fm2a75pro4-m?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

funsoul

Hi Folks

Working with this board (have 3 apus to play with) and trying to figure out how to get a decent overclock out of the cpu and igpu. Running the cpu (a10-6800k atm) under ss and it holds the load temp down around -40C.

Haven't played with it much yet but so far the board's showing no love :/

Been looking at these 2 guides/articles:
http://www.ocinside.de/html/results/mainboard_asrock_fm2a75_pro4_m.html
http://www.overclockers.com/howto-8-ghz-bulldozer/

Tried a pretty simple test....
- disabled all power savings options
- disabled other uneeded stuff (serial port, audio, etc)
- set vcore to 1.55v
- set cpu-nb ratio to 8x
- set cpu-nb voltage to (iirc) 1.3
- set llc to 1/2 cpu+1/2nb
- manually set the ram to it's rated timings (tridentx 2600, 8-11-13-13-35)
- left ram speed on auto

Was able to boot at a 45x multi but it's really not stable. Am not able to increase the gpu clock at all. :(

Will post more detailed settings tonight but...anyone know or have thoughts on how to get this thing cranking?

tia!!

A couple things Funsoul, the AM3+ Asrock boards the LLC works almost backwards to what you would expect. This may be the case here too.
And being a new setup AMD vs Intel I mean things are a bit different than you're used to, there aren't too many in the forum with the APU boards so I don't know how much help we'll be but we'll try.
You also may want to try raising the volts gradually along with the clocks. Start the other way around, with the awsome cooling you may be overvolting for the clocks. Start with stock and see how far it'll go then start raising volts and clocks along side eachother.

Hiya Johan45!

Tia for the reply. Clearly I'm doing something wrong so really appreciate your thoughts. Am heading away to family thanksgiving so it'll be this weekend before I get a chance to play with it again.

Will post back here when I've done some fiddlin' n' testin'

Sure thing, will be around of and on as usual. We had our TG last month up here always good times.
Don't eat too much. :rofl::rofl:
Nearly impossible I know.

Back