• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which is the best build?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AidanoPC

Hello people! Im new here and just want to know what the best build is? I have 3 builds so just say which is the best one for its price! I have a £1000 budget
I need to know which one is best for performance and playing games on ultra (BF4.. Titanfall etc....)

BUILD 1 : http://gyazo.com/b281f427444cbed6793feb8c46156bd6.png

BUILD 2 : http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/29PSd

BUILD 3 :
MSI Radeon R9 290 4GB AMD PCI Express Graphics Card
Kingston ssd 120GB SATA 3 SSD Bundle
Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz
MSI Z87-G43 Intel Z87 Socket 1150 Motherboard
Western Digital 1TB Blue Desktop Hard Drive
Fractal Design ARC MIDI R2 Tower Case
OCZ ZS Series 750W 80 Plus Bronze Power Supply
Corsair Memory XMS3 8GB
Noctua NH-D14 Dual Radiator and Fan Quiet CPU Cooler
24x DVD+/-RW from Liteon IHAS124-04 OEM Black SATA Quiet

LOL really a 5 minute bump? Aidano welcome to the forum. You probably aren't going to get a lot of responses today being thanksgiving an all. Anyhow they are both solid builds, you just need to decide if you want a current possibly upgradable platform which is the 1150 socket 4670k is or a dead platform which is the 1155. There is nothing wrong with either platform and you aren't really going to notice much difference between the two.

Changes I would make, get 120-128g SSD instead of a 60g.
290X overkill? What screen resolutions are you playing?

Last edited:
LOL really a 5 minute bump? Aidano welcome to the forum. You probably aren't going to get a lot of responses today being thanksgiving an all. Anyhow they are both solid builds, you just need to decide if you want a current possibly upgradable platform which the 1150 socket 4670k is or a dead platform with is the 1155. There is nothing wrong with either platform and you aren't really going to notice much difference between the two.

Changes I would make, get 120-128g SSD instead of a 60g.
290X overkill? What screen resolutions are you playing?

1920x1080

Well, it's your build and you should do what makes you happy, that said a 290X is total overkill for that resolution. A 280x/7970 would be a better idea if you want to save money and will probably be able to play any game at the highest settings.

Lol, 5 minute bump...

I also agree that a 290x is monumental overkill for 1080p and to get a bigger ssd. If you never plan on multiple video cards a quality 550w psu would be plenty as well.

Back