• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking in BIOS with Sabertooth 990fx r2.0

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cr4zy1ns4n3

Registered
So, I've had my build for a while now and I've decided I want to take my gaming experience to the next level with overclocking. My main question: where do I start? I'm running the following:

MB- Sabertooth 990fx r2.0
CPU- fx8350
RAM- Corsair xms 1600MHz (16GB, 2x8)
GPU- Diamond 7870 Double black diamond overclocked
CPU Cooler- H60 Refurb (corsair)
PSU- Antec 650W
Disk Drives- 1TB WD HDD
120GB Samsung SSD

If you guys need any more than that, let me know.

Anyway, I went to the AMD catalyst and "Auto tuned" through there. I got a system ok message, went to run bf4 with CPU overclocked to 4.5GHz, then it crashed. the fps sucked and I couldnt' do anything. I went to AMD Overdrive and autotuned through that. I tried the same with bf4 at 4.5GHz. Same issue. Read up on some forums, saw you should only overclock through BIOS. Cool, lets try that. Turned off the Comp and rebooted, entering BIOS. Keep in mind I've never done this before. Instead of the entire loadout screen I should've seen (according to the MOBO guide), I see a clock, an arrow for the mouse, and nothing but black. When I move the mouse, the black turns into the loadout screen I should see, but only where the mouse has been. Also, it only shows the upper left quadrant of the BIOS loadout. How do I fix this issue so I can navigate the BIOS to overclock the CPU. Then, how do I navigate and OC?

Any help anyone can give would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

You're better off just focusing on the thread you started in the Cpu section. The same people are going to help you there, it will be less confusing.

Back