• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Upgrade time

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Cuda

Actually, it's well past that time. No gaming and probably no o/cing. Primarily something to surf and the wife's facebook bs.

Looking at:

A6-5400K Trinity
ASRock FM2A88X Extreme6+

RAM recommendations anyone?

Actually, it's well past that time. No gaming and probably no o/cing. Primarily something to surf and the wife's facebook bs.

Looking at:

A6-5400K Trinity
ASRock FM2A88X Extreme6+

RAM recommendations anyone?

Within the reasons of cost the faster the ram the better the video since the onboard video uses the mobo ram for Vram. I would use no less than DDR3-1866 for sure.
RGone...

Thanks guys. Wasn't too worried about cost really, just don't want it to get out of hand. You know how it goes. I was thinking more along the lines of 16GB 2133 in a 2 x 8 configuration, unless you think a 4 x 4 would be better.

I've been out of the loop for awhile so I'm still coming up to speed on the chipsets and such. To be honest, I didn't even know APU's existed until a few days ago. How shameful.

I have read enough to know that the iGPU uses Mobo RAM as VRAM just not too sure if running duals or quads would be more beneficial. It adds about $100+ to the build but you never know what the future holds. Would that be overkill for that Mobo?

Honestly, if it were me, and I were putting together a non-gaming, non-OC PC, I'd go i5 4670 on the cheapest Z87 or (H?)87/85 board I could find and 2 x 4GB of ram. That will give you onboard video more than capable of video streaming and will perform better in other tasks than the AMD APU you selected.

Back