• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

system dosent boot with 2 rams.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kr7777

my system config

phenom x6 1100t.
2x4gb 1333 mhz ZION ram.
jetway hummer ha12 am3 mb.
gtx 650 TI BOOST 2gb oc.
Sesonic 520 watts bronze.
1 tb hdd 7200 rpm.

for the past 1 year or so i have no problems with my both ram and now my system failes to boot,
when i start my system with 1 ram it boots without any problem.
i checked both rams one by one an it boots with both but not with both combined (*some times boots with both ram when i re insert them but failes when i restart the system or start the system after shutdown*).

ihave oc my cpu to 3.8 @ 1.425v and set ram to 1333mhz @1.61v

earlier i faced screen tearing problem i thought it was my card but with one ram there is no screen tearing .

i dont know what to say if i missed any point please ask me cos i dont know a lot about systems.
and one more thing my windows experience index gives 7.5 with 4gb installed or 4x2 gb installed and in passmark it rates 1024 with 4gb installed and 1267 wit 8gb installed.

You need to take one stick and test it thru/in all of the memory sockets.

Take the other stick and test it thru/in all memory sockets.

it may be a memory slot gone bad.

I certainly would get Memtest86+ and test the ram for at least 5 full loops. Single sticks and then with two sticks in dual channel mode. Only seen it 3 times in 19 years but sticks passing all testing but BAD.

Screen tearing can certainly be the ram. Finding which stick or socket may be tough. Yes clear the CMOS as almost a 'first' move. ATMINSIDE is dead on about that. I clear it everytime I change ram or swap slots so for 'sure' the board polls the ram for how to auto setup the ram.
RGone...ster.

cleared CMOS since this happened, no improvement.
took the sticks and test in all of the memory sockets (randome) dosent work in dual channel mode.(without Memtest86+test)

I would get Memtest86+ and test the ram for at least 5 full loops(means 5 passes) one by one & then with two sticks in dual channel mode.

will update soon.

one more thing my windows experience index gives 7.5 with 4gb installed or 4x2 gb installed (please clear this to me?)

648029598_g.jpg

885127470_g.jpg

and
can loose 24pin connector cause this problem.

Last edited:
Dont worry about the Windows INdex.. it really means little.

As far as you link, it does not work. We cannot get to that file on your PC......LOL!

Makes me wonder if the components on the motherboard that control power to the ram are failing, like a capacitor or something. It will still work well enough to support one stick but not two.

today i installed both rams in 1st & 4th slot and my window boots with both, dont know what is happning.
ran memory testx86 so far with one ram in all four slots with no errors(1-10 test till 4 passes and its realy time consuming)

Last edited:
run the mem test!!! I just went through this to find I had bad ram, it is very well worth the time.

did memtest with both ram one by one no error with any ram in any slot and cant boot with both ram so no memtest with ual ram.

Well you have come to the place where many of us DIY's arrive. Time for parts substitution. That is why most of us keep spares.

1. Borrow a working kit of ram for that board and test known good ram for two stick operation.

2. If known good ram fails to work, then you know the mobo or cpu has gone bad most likely.

3. The other way is to try your 'iffy' ram in another computer and see if it will function in dual channel mode. Most likely if your ram works in another board, you have problems with your board or cpu (IMC).

4. It just comes to the place in time when only swapping known good for possbile bad can actually show what is bad or good.
RGone...

continuous swaping of both memory (say 3times,4or even 6 times)makes my system to run with two rams and works fine till shut down after shut down the error occurs if no shut down causes error,it sure fails after direct pc shutdown,even with single memory when my system frequently shut down due to power disturbance my pc again dosent boot.

My money is on the motherboard being bad. But then it's not my money, is it? But before doing an RMA on the board I certainly would try different ram. I never heard of "Zion" ram. I would try a mainstream ram product in the board first, like Crucial, Corsair, Mushkin or GSkill. I would stay away from Kingston as they have a high incidence of incompatibility with AMD systems. Can you borrow a couple of sticks from a friend?

Last edited:
no one has mainstream ram maybe ihave to spend some money.(will there be any price cut in ram in a month or two)and can i buy 1600Mhz ram.

2x4gb 1333 mhz ZION ram.
jetway hummer ha12 am3 mb.

I can honestly say I have never ever ever heard of that brand of ram. Never. Ram prices are not likely to go down anytime soon. Not with DDR4 out on the horizon. In which case the supply of DDR3 ram will get smaller and higher priced.

I can also say that I have never seeen anyone in this forum section or the AMD cpu forum section with that motherboard. Never.

So we have zero experience with your ram or your motherboard. I would suggest the Jetway site for what they say is compatible ram and whether they suggest DDR3-1600 ram is a complete mystery as have zero experience with that motherboard. You need to check with Jetway the mobo maker for what ram is posssible to work. If they have such a ram suggested list.
RGone...

Your CPU will handle 1600 MHz ram if you can get it. What country are you in? Maybe one of our forum members who lives in your part of the world can suggest an outlet for mainstream products that is accessible to you. In the meantime, see if you can correspond with Jetway about the board being compatible with 1600 MHz ram. I would also see if a friend or family member would let you try your current RAM in their machine. If it works okay in another machine then the ram is not bad and I would then look at replacing the motherboard.

my mb specs says 800/1066/1333/1600(oc).i live in india (flipkart is a store where i do shopping) corsair and gskill are available.

my mb specs says 800/1066/1333/1600(oc).i live in india (flipkart is a store where i do shopping) corsair and gskill are available.

GSkill is probably the brand that seems to be compatible with just about every system on the planet. More people on this forum use it than any other brand I believe.

Back