• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can i Overclock my cpu Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU E5400

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

admxrain

my system spec:

OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate
Version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601
System Manufacturer Acer
System Model Aspire X1800
System Type x64-based PC
Processor Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU E5400 @ 2.70GHz, 2700 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. P01-A4, 10/14/2009
SMBIOS Version 2.6
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 4.00 GB

Not likely, no. You probably do not have the options in the bios to do so. Not to mention the chip is locked anyway. Sorry.

Nope.

Though, if you can find the PLL # for your board, you can use SetFSB. I am not sure how to get the PLL# for your motherboard... sorry.

It is best not to overclock OEM PC's anyway. Their Power supply's are weak and also the cooling usually isn't good enough in the first place. If you want to overclock, build a new PC is my suggestion. :)

While you CAN overclock those chips, as stated above, that motherboard has a locked BIOS. I did look briefly to see what company actually makes that board but didnt have much luck. I did get a good look at the board itself. It will not overclock much even with SetFSB. The board only has a 3 phase power regulation system on it. This means the voltages to the CPU are pretty sloppy at best. With that kind of regulation and the fact it is using older capacitors makes it a dog at best. I would suggest building your own PC. you might even be able to use your current CPU and hard drives to get you started. The cost isnt too terrible. Just do some good deal hunting. You'll end up with a nice beastly machine that you can overclock with confidence. That Acer was built to serve its life and then be tossed out. Again even if it could overclock it will not have any real chance of being stable. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Z

Back