• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED afterburner fps cap

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

matt2950

hi, didnt know which category to put this question in, but anyone know how to cap the fps using after burner 3.0.0 beta 16?

all the info online is for the older versions and i cant find the options or menus other forums say to look for.

vsync in skyrim only limits my fps to 120 but running over 60 messes up the physics so i need to cap it. i already use afterburner so would like to figure out how to cap it using that.

You have to install the Riva Tuner Statistics server and do it through there I thought...

I cant do step 4 in the vid, i have no framerate option, also no osd options. does riva tuner need to be downloaded and installed separately? if so download link would be helpful.

Rivatuner Statistics server is part of the MSI AB package. When you install MSI AB you have a choice to install RTSServer. Do that and you should be good to go! :)

ok thanks, got it working now i must not have installed it with AB. i downloaded from here if anyone else if having same problem http://www.guru3d.com/files_details/rtss_rivatuner_statistics_server_download.html

for anyone having the fps problem in skyrim when i cap at 59 and 60 fps i was getting some screen tearing so set it at 75 and seems to work great with no messed up physics. my monitors are 75hz but vsync caps fps at 120 not sure why??

Back