• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Looking to replace a M-ATX MB, AM3

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

poco242

I am thinking of replacing a MB in my older computer. It is an HP e9220y. Originally I bought an ATX MB for it and realized it wouldn't fit so I built a whole computer. I want to put the HP back together, but would like to put a different MB in it. The issue is I can not seem to find one that has all of the options the old Foxconn has. I included a pic. I want one with 4 ram slots so I can put the full 8gb back in. Also 3 of the small PCI slots and one full size PCI-E slot for the graphics card. AM3.

Anyone know of anything like that? If not I will just use the OEM board. It will be used as an HTPC so it would be fine as it is, but a new board would give me options to OC if I want.

Attachments

• download.jpg
    download.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 54
Newegg only has 3 or 4 am3 mobos, without stepping upto am3+ your options there are limited.

What processor are you putting in it??Or ram would AM2 work??

I will use the original P2 910. AM3+ would be fine too since they are backwards compatible. I saw some on Newegg, but none I saw had 4 ram slots. I have 4 2gb sticks so I would like to use them all. I could try eBay, but I don't know enough about MB's to pick a decent one that will last a while. New or used wouldn't matter much if anyone had one laying around. The 910 is locked anyway, but I can pick up a 955 or 965 pretty cheap.

Back